Hamlet Law represents our clients in all phases of construction defect litigation, including damage assessment and cost of reconstruction. Our knowledgeable construction law attorneys work closely with engineers and construction experts to determine sources and causes of construction defects. We represent contractors, developers, design professionals and builders on issues of liability and damages. Our construction law practice has built one of the largest construction case litigation histories of construction defect claims in North Carolina and South Carolina.
Our team has successfully conducted trials and matters before both judges and juries involving defective construction, design disputes, differing site conditions, defective construction materials, mechanics liens, and bond and insurance claims. We have defended developers and builders in several of the largest class action suits filed in North Carolina. Our experience includes the successful defense of lawsuits brought by individual homeowners, homeowners associations, governmental agencies and municipalities.
- Represented EIFS installer in more than 100 suits for alleged defective installation of EIFS on single family and multi-family residential properties.
- Represented the developer of an 800 lot residential sub-division in a suit filed by the homeowners association alleging deficiencies with amenities, roads and storm water infrastructure.
- Represented the developer/general contractor in a class action suit brought by the homeowners association for a multi-family condominium community alleging moisture intrusion.
- Represented the general contractor in national class action litigation involving the use of Chinese drywall in residential construction.
- Represented the general contractor in personal injury litigation allegedly resulting from toxic mold exposure.